60dB Impact Due Diligence, Explained
Having worked hand-in-hand for many years with hundreds of impact investors around the world (not to mention our humble beginnings as a spin out project from Acumen), we’re all too familiar with how challenging it can be for impact investors to attain trustworthy and comparable social performance data across a portfolio, while constrained by limited time and resources.
In response, we’re excited to share our 60dB Due Diligence solution – built to make pre-investment impact measurement simple, fast and affordable.
Common pain points we’ve seen impact investors face
- A lack of benchmarks to assess impact performance in a competitive market
- Ability to compare alignment of investee’s impact against a fund’s impact thesis
- Limited time and budget to conduct due diligence
- Difficulty in sourcing trustworthy and comparable impact data to make an informed decision before investing in social businesses
- A need for tailored metrics and a customized approach adapted to specific organizational needs
The 60dB solution
- Access to benchmarked impact data directly from customers, anywhere in the world, that’s comparable across your portfolio
- An end-to-end impact diligence product, at a price that works, with results in a matter of weeks.
- A due diligence score including performance against standard industry metrics (+ two metrics chosen by you)
How we do it
Our network of trained Research Assistants conduct phone interviews with a randomized sample of your investees’ clients in their local language – we work in 80+ countries and 195+ languages.
What we take care of:
- Survey design + translation
- Notifying your clients before calling to maximize trust
- Conducting 100+ phone interviews per investee company
- Data analysis to calculate your investees’ impact score
- Delivery of your benchmarked results
Core components of a 60dB Due Diligence study
- Sample – 100+ interviews per investee company
- Method – 5-10 minutes phone surveys using our trained local in-country Research Assistants
- Questions – 9 impact metrics:
- Social inclusivity
- Gender inclusivity
- Quality of life (impact depth)
- Net Promoter Score (customer satisfaction)
- Challenges faced (impact risk)
- First access & alternative availability (contribution to impact)
- 2 tailored metrics chosen by you
- Duration – 4-6 weeks from submission of customer contacts and submission of onboarding form
What you get
A two-page report that is easily insertable in an investment memo – including a detailed performance table, plus aggregate results to provide an accurate portfolio level impact picture.
To speak to a member of the team for more info on this product, please get in touch via the form below!